Joe S. writes: I already have a great U.S. quarter collection (a draped and capped bust quarter, a barber quarter, seated and standing liberty, silver wash. quarter, 3 or 4 great error quarters and many of the new state quarters….. Is there another U.S. quarter type i might be able to add to my collection?
Try getting examples of the following quarter dollars:
- No Motto Quarter 1838-1853 and then from 1856-1865
- Seated Quarter, No Drapery from Elbow
- 1853 Quarter Arrows at Date and Sun Rays behind eagle on the reverse.
- 1853-55 Arrows at date but No Rays.
- 1866 and after, Motto on ribbon the Reverse (In God We Trust).
- 1873 Arrows at Date
- 1934 Doubled Die Washington Quarter
- 1983-D Washington Quarter, though a high mintage, few were saved in uncirculated grades. A good example of a clad quarter with value.